Monday, October 26, 2009

A Disappointing Sunday







Well, I woke up yesterday morning looking forward to a birthday party that we were going to after church. It was a party for a two year old and we were supposed to take Aaron in an animal costume because the theme was Noah's Ark. So I bought him a Zebra costume a few weeks ago when I was in Fresno and was excited about putting it on him. When Aaron woke up that morning I got him and brought him to the bed with us. He was playing as usual, but suddenly went for my face and scratched my eyeball. I didn't realize it right away; I thought he just poked me in the eye. I closed my eye and waited for the pain to pass, but it never did. 30 minutes later I still have my eye closed, I feel like there's something in it and it's red and watering. So I got up to take out whatever it had in it, but there was nothing. I tried washing it out with water, but no relief. Two hours later and it getting worse. It won't stop watering, it hurts, I can barely see, and it still feels like there's something in it. David finally taped gauze over it and that helped me see better, but once I walked outside I felt like I was blind. At church I had times of very intense pain. I took some Tylenol to help with that and after service I went to get some medical attention. They gave me a prescription for an ointment, ibuprofen, and a warm tea compress. So David put the ointment in for me and on to the party we went.

Now more than 24 hours later and my eye is swollen and I can hardly stand to have it open for any length of time and yes, it still feels like there's something in it. It's very debilitating and annoying.

No comments: