Wednesday, October 10, 2007

At Last


At last I have received a marriage proposal from someone I actually want to marry and I know that God is fine with me marrying this person. I've had others that I knew were not the ones. Thank you God for patience and wisdom! So on September 30, 2007, David Trules asked me to marry him and I excepted his proposal. We have decided on May 3, 2008 here in Ensenada. One thing, though, about getting married in Mexico is that the woman's last name does not change. Don't get me wrong Dad, I love the last name you gave me, but I'm ready to change it for the purpose of marriage. So we're hoping that David will be able to get his visa and we can have a civil ceremony in California and then a church wedding in Ensenada. Yesterday we went to look at a prospective wedding and reception site. We did like it, but we are going to check out a few more that we know of. One of the great things about weddings in Mexico is that they have what they call "Padrinos". What the padrinos do is pretty much pay for the wedding. So we made a list of things that we need, i.e. a place, food, decorations, etc... and we divided it up. So he has things that he has to find padrinos for and I have the other part of the list that I have to find padrinos for. I guess we might call them sponsors. So, God willing, on May 3, 2008, I will become Mrs. David Trules. At last.

No comments: