Thursday, July 19, 2007

What a Relief!



Well, this week has been a big week. We have been cooking for 170 people twice per day. I have spent more hours in the kitchen than in my bed. But for the past 3 mornings, and it will happen again tomorrow morning, I have had relief cooks. Fletch and Leonard, who call me Chef, have volunteered this week to come in and help me in the mornings. The first two mornings I tried to be there working alongside of them, but this morning I pretty much sat back and let them do their thing and that's my plan for tomorrow too. They have been such a blessing. Thanks Leonard and Fletch!!!!


Also, last month we opened up a little camp store. We sell coffee drinks, sodas, Mexican blankets and ponchos, candy galore, YUGO shirts, greeting cards, and I could go on and on. But one other thing that we sell are my cookies. I bake cookies and sell them to the store as a way to supplement my support. Sometimes I cannot keep up with the demand. The cookie sales have gone very, very well. This week there have been a couple of men who have bought however many there were in the store at the time it opens, they sit outside at a table and they share them with people who come and talk with them. Cool, eh?

No comments: