Thursday, November 23, 2006

Hello all.
Here's what I've been up to lately. I had to give up my classroom in the village of El Zorrillo (the skunk) to make room for the new pastors that arrived to pastor the church there. I was very sad to say goodbye to my kids and they were not happy about leaving either.

Now myself and my friend Ana are giving classes three days per week to children in Lomas Bonitas who do not have the necessary papers to register in the public school system. These children are from Oaxaca or their parents are. Spanish is the second language for most of them. Throughout our day in the village we will hear much Mixteco spoken among the children. There are about three children that only understand a little Spanish so we use other students in the class to translate for us. We have started with the basics since these children have never been to school. We are teaching them the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, etc...

http://www.eocyugo.blogspot.com

No comments: